Welcome to your weekly installment of WordPress Wednesdays!
Today, I’ll be walking you through a great plugin that allows you to add sponsor logos, ads, accreditations, professional memberships and other promotions to your website.
Here is the WP plugin:
Want to see WP125 in action? Check out these great examples:
- Ensure your logos are 125px wide by 125px high. If the size is different the image may appear distorted.
- Go to Dashboard > Ads > Settings.
- Change the “Number of Ad Slots” to be the number you need. If you make this too high, the default sponsorship image will appear in any extra slots.
- Go to Dashboard > Media > Add New.
- Upload the logo file.
- Click “Show” next to the upload.
- Copy the website address from the “File Upload” field.
- Go to Dashboard > Ads.
- Click “Add New” in the top right corner.
- Enter all the information about the ad:
– Ensure you choose the first open slot (if more than one ad shares the same slot they will appear at random).
– The target URL will be the place you want visitors to go if they click the logo.
– You’ll likely want to set the date to “I’ll remove it manually.”
– Paste in the address from the ‘File Upload’ box in step 7 into the “Ad Image” field.
- Click “Save Ad.”
Once you’ve loaded up your ad slots, you’ll need to set it up to appear somewhere on your site. You can do this by:
- Dragging and dropping the ‘WP125’ widget into one of your widget areas
- Adding some custom php code to your template file, which looks like this <?php wp125_write_ads(); ?> (that is what we’ve done here). You may want some help from a programmer, this is a one-time change