This week, I thought we’d touch on a few of the things which make WordPress wonderful:
- WordPress can be used not only as a blog, but also as a website builder (or exclusively as a website building tool)
- It is easy to use, and can be taught quickly to get you started
- There are hundreds of pre-made, free themes available (and more which can be relatively low cost), or you can have a custom theme created
- If, down the road, you want to overhaul the look of your site, a new theme can be created without changes to any of the tools you use to manage the website, so there is no learning curve when making updates to the look of the site
- It allows you to manage every part of your website yourself
- It can be used as a vehicle to easily spread your information through social media, from one location
- WordPress can be configured to allow you to add new items by simply sending an email
- There are many, many plugins which expand the functionality and allow you to better organize your information, and enable WordPress to do even more for you.
- Many people are working with WordPress, so there is lots of information and support available to you
- Regular updates are available so you can keep your tools up-to-date
I could go on and on, but I’ll leave it there, and let you know more reasons as I find them!
We’ve built many sites and blogs using this tool, and you can see our portfolio here: http://www.awebthatworks.com/awtw/experience?gallerytag=wordpress-websites to get an idea of the various things WordPress allows you to create. If you’d like some help setting up or improving your site, please contact us – 1-800-579-9253.