If you have ever used more than one email address, chances are you’ve had a duplicate LinkedIn account at one point, and having a duplicate LinkedIn profile/account is a social media networking no no! To find out if you have a duplicated LinkedIn account enter your name into the LinkedIn search bar and see what comes up.
How did I get a duplicate LinkedIn account/profile?
Each time you click on a LinkedIn email invitation sent to you from someone who remembers an email address you have NOT entered into LinkedIn, LinkedIn creates a new account for you!
How do you stop creating duplicate LinkedIn accounts/profiles?
It’s easy, simply
- Log into LinkedIn
- Click on “Privacy & Settings”
- Click on “Account” tab (on left side half way down page)
- Click on “Add & change email addresses”
- Enter the email address that is not there and click “Add email address”
- Check your email and follow instructions to confirm account.
- Repeat for all email addresses you have that are not there.
What do I do if I have a duplicate LinkedIn account?
Here’s a link that tells you how to remove LinkedIn duplicate accounts.
Hope you found this LinkedIn tip helpful and that you’ll take a moment to share this LinkedIn tip with a friend — sharing is caring! If you would like to learn more about LinkedIn, why not consider attending one of AWEBthatWORKS’ internet marketing events?