Benefits for Women is pleased to announce this years nominees for the Phenomenal Women Awards to take place Wednesday, November 26, 2008 at Carruthers Creek Golf & Country Club from 6:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Honourary Chair – Roger Anderson Chair of Durham Region
Official Title Sponsor TD Canada Trust,
Official Media Sponsor The News Advertiser
Gold Sponsor Carruther’s Creek Golf & Country Club in Ajax
The Nominees are:
- June Castanha owner of Zahra’s School of Belly Dance – Ajax
- Maggie Cavalier owner of Food Sense – Oshawa
- Tina Dezsi co-owner of T&E Health Pros Inc. – Whitby
- Zehra Mahoon independent advisor – Investor’s Group – Oshawa
- Sue Pitchforth owner of Room for Change – Brooklin
- Susan Scott owner of Full Circle Communcations – Oshawa
- Lorna Weston-Smyth owner of Specialty Paint Finishers – Ajax
- Kelly Weldrick owner of Makeup in Motion – Oshawa
The nominees have met the following criteria:
- Must be an established entrepreneur in Durham Region (minimum of 3 years in business). This must be her own business (not family or husband’s business).
- Gives back to the community by volunteering, being a mentor, board or committee member, or provides a unique or necessary service or product to the public at no cost.
- The nominee maintains a good Business Image – dresses appropriately for success.
Three (3) winners will be chosen by our Selection Committee – members from Durham’s business community. Each winner will be presented with a Special Award Certificate, a Special Pin and $150.00 worth of products or services for women at the Phenomenal Women Awards dinner. The evening will feature dinner and door prizes. Net proceeds from the event will go towards our SOS FUND an emergency fund for woman and their children living in a crisis situation in Durham Region.
We invite you to come out and support these Phenomenal Women of Durham at the Awards dinner November 26, 2008 Tickets are $ 85.00 per person.
Tickets after November 7 – $ 99.00 per person.
Corporate Tables of 8 available $625.00 after November 7 $750.00.
No Tickets at the Door – Must be pre-registered
Tickets include networking, dinner and door prizes.
To reserve tickets or participate as a sponsor please call
Monica at 905 – 426 – 8822 or Barbara at 905 – 441 – 3364.
Please tell them that Sue Sutcliffe sent you!