Like our post last week about NextGEN Player Template, this is another great example of a plug-in which ties into the NextGen gallery plug-in. The NextGen NivoSlider plug-in will amp up your slideshows using the very popular NivoSlider tools.
One of the best features of this plug-in is that it is fully responsive, so your slideshows won’t present a challenge to mobile visitors.
Like most plugins, this one uses a shortcode so you can easily add a slideshow anywhere on your site. Entering [ngg-nivoslider] will show a slideshow of all the photos you’ve loaded using NextGen Gallery. Under ‘WordPress Dashboard’ > ‘Gallery’ > ‘NivoSlider’ you can also select from 5 different themes, which change the look of the frame, the back/next buttons, and more.
There are a ton of parameters which you can add to your shortcode to do things like:
- Only show images from a particular gallery
- Make your slideshow a different size
[ngg-nivoslider width=”260″ height=”250″]
- Shuffling the order of the images to be random
- Show captions (either alt text or description) below each slide
- Choose the transition effect on your slides (there are 16 to choose from like slicing, folding, fading, random, box, and more!)
- Speed of the slide changes, and how long the transition lasts
[ngg-nivoslider animspeed=”300″ pausetime=”5000″]
Need some help implementing a gallery, portfolio, or other image solution into your site? AWEBthatWORKS has the expertise to get everything set-up for you, and you can simply sit back and enjoy the beautiful results. Call for a complimentary consultation to find out what solution will work best for your unique project.