LinkedIn’s “Recommendations” feature allows you to provide live endorsements and performance reviews for your deserving colleagues and partners which will help them build social media authority.
Impressed with a service?
Why not leave a glowing review?
HOW TO RECOMMEND SOMEONE ON LINKEDIN
- Go to the profile of the 1st-degree connection you’d like to recommend.
- Move your cursor over the Down arrow next to the button in the top section of the profile. The button name may vary.
- Select Recommend.
- Follow the steps to write the recommendation.
- Click Send.
Alternatively you can respond to an emailed request for a recommendation, or go to the Manage Recommendations page and follow the links provided there to give, and also ask and manage your recommendations.
TIPS & TRICKS
- If you want a recommendation from someone, try writing one for them. People often will reciprocate.
- Never recommend anyone’s products or services you truly don’t endorse as this could damage your reputation
- Check spelling and grammar and if you see an issue, ask the person recommending it to correct the typo, as it would be horrible if by doing something good for you, they ended up doing something that is bad for them.
Want to learn more about what LinkedIn, the world’s biggest professional network can do? Why not sign up for Social Media Bootcamps Get the skinny on the latest and greatest with the social media “Big 4”: Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter & YouTube.