I know many of you find it much easier posting to Facebook, and leave your blog out in the cold. This is an almost-as-good remedy for adding great content to your website. A few easy steps, and you’re ready to rock!
Thanks to Stacey and David Rodrigues @stackoverflow.com, I’ve found out how to import your Facebook posts into your blog. *squeals* So excited!
- Go to your Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/awebthatworks)
- Change ‘www’ to ‘graph’ in the address: https://graph.facebook.com/AWEBthatWORKS
- Take the ID value that is listed on the resulting page and copy it (it’s about 11 lines up from the bottom)
- Go here, and change our ID to use yours instead: https://www.facebook.com/feeds/page.php?id=14789150247&format=rss20
- Tada! Your very own Facebook RSS feed.
Once you have this URL, you can use an RSS importer to bring in your Facebook posts. WordPress has a built-in widget, if you just want to display the post titles, or you can use a plug-in like FeedWordPress to import the complete posts.
One caveat – you don’t want to use this if you’re already feeding your posts to Facebook automatically, as they’ll cause a loop and make a big mess of your page and your blog.
If you need help centralizing and spreading your valuable original content through your social media spaces, we’d love to help! Give us a call today – 1-800-579-9253.